What a dream I had...

Actually, my wife had the dream. In it, Brian and Esha were walking down the sidewalk, discussing Esha's newfound abilities. They came across Alley, who was sitting on the sidewalk, telling fortunes--highly accurate fortunes--for a dollar each.

My better half actually woke me up at about three in the morning to tell me that dream. Thanks, sweetie.

So, guess how my book begins.

(I'll give you a hint: it doesn't start with Leah writing a suicide note and walking to the river, and doesn't have Alley nearly getting creamed by a car.)

Yes, I used a dream to start The Sense, and it wasn't even mine. Have you ever had a dream worth writing?

Comments

  1. Thanks Ben, it was really a fun dream and I'm glad you could use it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, wait! I like this query better!

The Writer's Voice

LDS Writer Blogfest: The Atonement Covers All Pain